World Handicap System
Over the winter period, many of you will have been getting used to using the World Handicap System (WHS). An additional impact of WHS for many courses, including Wigtownshire County, has been that some holes have now been allocated different stroke indexes. Consequently, we have new scorecards on order. A copy of one can be seen below. It is planned to put the new card into play from 1 April, 2021 before the competitive golf season hopefully starts in May, 2021.
Scottish Golf App and Venue Management System
The setting up the new online management system for the club is almost complete.
This means that all members will soon be able to:
• Enter competition scores on an iPad in the Clubhouse or via the Scottish Golf App on your smartphone;
• Book tee-times on our new website or via the Scottish Golf App on your smartphone;
• Enter club competitions and open competitions at other clubs on our new website or via the Scottish Golf App on your smartphone;
• Submit General Play scores via the Scottish Golf App on your smartphone.
Members can also use the Scottish Golf App to:
• Contact other members;
• Check their Handicap Index and how many strokes they get at other courses;
• Read club news and updates;
• See upcoming fixtures and events;
• Book tee-times at other courses.
The Committee are encouraging all members to download and sign in on the app so that we can move forward in managing club data and information in a more efficient and productive manner.
For members without a smartphone or iPad, most things can be accessed on our new club website. Log in details (email address and password) are the same as members use for the Scottish Golf website.
All members need to ensure they have their log in details by Monday 15th March as the new club website will go live shortly afterwards. It will not be possible to log in and book a member’s tee-time without these.
If you are unsure of your login details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will help you retrieve them.